Keyword search

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Goodbye to my little Scout. I know she is in kitty cat heaven





I love my animals. Nothing hurts more than when either old age or sickness puts me in the position of deciding when to end their hurting. Yesterday, I decided with much heartbreak to euthanize my little Scout, aka Pootie, since that rotten FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) stripped away her health and spirit. She was only 8 years old and had been sick for a month or so. I will always remember her vocal character, she loved to talk, her insistence for drinking out of the bathroom sink faucet or when she occasionally drank from a bowl, how she dipped in her paw and licked the drippings. She was a smart girl, not very cuddly but loved to sleep next to me with my hand on her big white belly. As I sit here writing this with tears dripping down my face, I dedicate this remembrance to my girl who will always hold a special place in my heart. Here's to you Scout. And enjoy your time in pet heaven with Gandalf, Oscar, Belle, Fuller, Daisy and Putty.

1 comment:

Skylark Studio said...

sorry to hear this Mary! so sad! you are such a good mamma to your pets ...